- RSS Channel Showcase 2394271
- RSS Channel Showcase 9324629
- RSS Channel Showcase 7130705
- RSS Channel Showcase 4214778
Articles on this Page
- 09/09/18--19:29: _YET ANOTHER DELUGE
- 09/10/18--19:53: _THE CORRUPTION CONU...
- 09/11/18--20:47: _THE ALARM ON HUMAN ...
- 09/12/18--03:11: _Edo Govt Trains Lea...
- 09/12/18--16:10: _ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN...
- 09/12/18--16:13: _BUHARI AND THE UNSI...
- 09/13/18--16:24: _DEALING WITH THE LA...
- 09/15/18--05:52: _THE DRUMS OF RESTRU...
- 09/15/18--20:03: _Buhari And The Rule...
- 09/16/18--19:51: _THE CANCER SCOURGE ...
- 09/17/18--19:41: _OSUN POLL: NOT ANOT...
- 09/17/18--23:39: _TACKLING THE LAKE C...
- 09/19/18--17:18: _THE FALLING EDUCATI...
- 09/20/18--16:02: _KUDOS TO NIGERIAN P...
- 09/22/18--18:35: _Abuja Earth Tremors...
- 09/23/18--21:02: _THAT LEAH SHARIBU B...
- 09/09/18--19:29: YET ANOTHER DELUGE
- 09/10/18--19:53: THE CORRUPTION CONUNDRUM
- 09/11/18--20:47: THE ALARM ON HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- 09/12/18--03:11: Edo Govt Trains Learning Officers to Promote Basic Education
- 09/12/18--16:10: ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN HERE!
- 09/12/18--16:13: BUHARI AND THE UNSIGNED PGIB
- 09/13/18--16:24: DEALING WITH THE LAGOS CHAOS
- 09/15/18--05:52: THE DRUMS OF RESTRUCTURING
- 09/15/18--20:03: Buhari And The Rule of Law
- 09/16/18--19:51: THE CANCER SCOURGE IN NIGERIA
- 09/17/18--19:41: OSUN POLL: NOT ANOTHER BAZAAR, PLEASE
- 09/17/18--23:39: TACKLING THE LAKE CHAD CRISIS
- 09/19/18--17:18: THE FALLING EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS
- 09/20/18--16:02: KUDOS TO NIGERIAN PRISONS SERVICE
- 09/22/18--18:35: Abuja Earth Tremors And Matters Arising
- 09/23/18--21:02: THAT LEAH SHARIBU BE FREED
MONDAY EDITORIAL There is need to pay more attention to the environment While hundreds of thousands of citizens are still counting their losses, nature is wreaking havocs on communities in several states across the country. Within the past one month, villages, schools and farmlands have been submerged as more and more Nigerian join the growing […]
The Carnegie report provides lessons on the war against corruption A recent report of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace singled out corruption as the most important obstacle preventing Nigeria from achieving its enormous potential. Titled “A New Taxonomy for Corruption in Nigeria”, the report said that corruption weakens the social contract between the government […]
Nigeria could do more to stem the menace of human trafficking British Prime Minister Theresa May was recently in Nigeria as part of a three-nation African tour. While in the country, she spoke forcefully about human trafficking and modern slavery for which Nigeria has become notorious. Almost on a daily basis, there are reports of […]
Adibe Emenyonu in Benin City Edo State Universal Basic Education Board, (SUBEB), has said that the ongoing training for learning and development Officers, who are championing the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (Edo-BEST) programme, will guarantee a result-driven basic education sub-sector in the state. The Chairman of SUBEB, Dr. Joan Osa Oviawe, who made this […]
The post Edo Govt Trains Learning Officers to Promote Basic Education appeared first on THISDAYLIVE.
We should be prepared for every eventuality, argues Olusegun Adeniyi In the aftermath of the earth tremors that hit Abuja last week, the federal government assured residents of their safety but it is important that Nigerians do not get carried away by all the assertions that our country is immune from earthquakes. We are not. […]
The rejection of the bill is a major setback for the country Citing the provision that empowers the proposed Petroleum Regulatory Commission to retain as much as 10 per cent of the revenue generated amongst other reasons, President Muhammadu Buhari has refused assent to the Petroleum Industry Governance Bill (PIGB) recently passed by the National […]
Government should introduce a policy that will encourage patronage of the ports in the Eastern part of the country In calling for the revival of the ports in the eastern part of the country in a bid to secure a permanent solution to the perennial traffic gridlock in the Apapa axis of Lagos, Governor Akinwunmi […]
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has been in the forefront of restructuring, argues Kanmi Ademiluyi “Restructuring” is all the rage. It has become all things to all segments and a political battering ram in an election season. Unfortunately, very much like Richard Nixon’s campaign catchphrase, “Law and Order”, referred to jocularly in the press as Laura Norder […]
Democracy is built on the principle of rule of law Nigeria’s main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) recently cried out on the urgent need to pull the country back from the troubling path of impunity, scant regard for the judiciary and the violations of democratic process ahead of the 2019 general election. According […]
MONDAY EDITORIAL Government could do more to contain the menace The increasing cases of cancer infections among Nigerians, young and old, only help to make life and living a little more precarious. In recent years, reported cases of people afflicted with cancer in the country have been on a steady rise. While many such persons […]
The electorate should be allowed to determine the outcome of the election Come Saturday, the people of Osun State will go to the poll to elect a new governor for another four years. It is yet another litmus test for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the security agencies and other stakeholders given what transpired […]
For there to be any enduring peace, the people of the region need to be empowered In a bid to contain the grave humanitarian crisis in the Lake Chad Region, a two–day conference was last week held in Berlin. Co-hosted by Germany, Nigeria, Norway and the United Nations, it was a follow-up to last year’s […]
There must be minimum standards for the establishment of universities Given the manner in which many of the private universities in the country, including those with ramshackle facilities and second rate faculties, award First Class degrees to many of their graduating students, several pertinent questions have come up. The questions speak to the concerns of […]
The Prisons Service deserves a pat for winning the Confucius Award After a barrage of negative reports, Nigeria recorded a milestone on 7th September, when the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) named the Nigerian Prisons Service the winner of the Confucius Award for Literary and Skills’ Development. The award came in recognition […]
There is need for proper monitoring of all earthquake-prone zones in the country The recent outbreak of multiple earth tremors in some parts of Abuja jolted the city and caused many residents agony and discomfort. For three days, the tremors spanked fears in the communities of Mpape, Katampe District, part of Maitama and some rural […]
Monday Editorial The government should do all within its powers to get Leah Sharibu out of captivity Leah Sharibu, the lone Christian Dapchi school girl who was held back by Boko Haram insurgents when her peers were freed on 21st March this year, has spent more than six months in captivity. But with the recent threat […]